Thursday, November 30, 2006

last post of november! some lifedrawing and sketches








okay, first of all, WTF vancouver?? we NEVER get snow this early, if at all (if we do, it's like, 5cm at the most) and now we have a good foot of snow on the ground. it's actually really nice. except when you need to bus/drive/go anywhere. I went to a siggraph panel on stop motion... absolutely awesome, even if the speakers were a little slow. I love what they can do/have done with that medium :O
this is the end of my portfolio postings... just some lifedrawing stuff. a couple I just noticed now aren't very good... bah, it's mailed already. I can do new ones for sheridan. I think the bigger one is 30 minutes, and the rest are 1-10 minutes.
and some little character design things I was having fun with in my itty bitty sketchbook, maybe want to do a turnaround of a goblin/ogre type thing for a turnaround. I'm having problems making him ugly, though. and a lot of the sketches are the same.
working on BGS!

1 comment:

Bpoirier said...

came here through CA.org

Im the amazing action ape.

Anyways, looking through, i can say you have a good shot at getting into sheridan atleast. All i can stress is showing the underlying structure, proportions, perspective, line quality, etc. For animation portfolios, they never ever want to see shading. Make sure you block in your drawings using shapes...

hopefully this helps, just keep posting work on ca and here, and we will try to help you out! :)