Friday, December 03, 2010

December already?

I've been puttering away on my thesis film, and it's going pretty good. 
I started production (eg animation and jazz) last week, so hopefully, come april (or a little earlier!)
my film'll be done. 

I don't think I'll be posting a lot of images from it until after I've done, but I promise not to neglect my blog (like I've done this last month!)

thank you for being patient, readers!

Here's a test walk cycle from my film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTcHTSxsx6Q




I painted all my BGs with gouache. They're currently taking up a shelf of my school desk. No wonder people paint stuff in PS now instead.


color swatches for character animation :)
this is what I look like 90% of the time now.

5 comments:

TF said...

Good for you for sticking with actual physical painting.
That background looks great :-)

Aminder Dhaliwal said...

gouache?! seriously?! imma come looking for them when i'm in studio, if they look half as good as this one i'll cry of jealousy D:

awesome stuff, I can't wait to see it all put together

Ashlyn said...

Trenino- Yeah, it was a choice I made early on!! There's something so tactile about real painting that you can't fake at all.
Aminder- Definitely do! There a big stack on my desk. That's probably the best one out of the bunch though :P

sussman said...

that background is awesome ashlyn! and that picture of you is funny :)

Domee said...

It looks amazing! :D