Saturday, April 09, 2011

A Midsummer Night's Dream




A design conundrum- putting the characters of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" in 20's style cartoon.

I've spoken of my love for Shakespeare before, but I'll mention it again. I love the characters he creates- especially something as twisted as a man called Bottom with the head of an ass, or a sassy character like Hermia who says, when being called short, says:
 "How low am I? I am not yet so low
But that my nails can reach unto thine eyes."
And then her and Helena duke it out. Pretty darn neat!

6 comments:

supermonkey said...

cool stuff Ash.Can't believe u r graduating. Exciting!! If u ever come to Pasadena gimme a shout kk? we must hang out.

TF said...

one word for this...

AWESOME.

I love Bottom...

wait, that didn't come out right...

Ashlyn said...

Hey Tania! Yes, definitely! Should be back soon to Pasadena hopefully, I can't believe I'm graduating either :P

TF: you've already said it, so you can't take it back now! ahaha, but thank you!

Justin Ruzicka said...

you are invited to follow my blog

SCOTT CAPLE said...

Crikey, Ashlyn, i 'll work on this! for free! Lord, what fools these mortals be!

Ashlyn said...

Justin: Thanks! I'm more into the art side of things, though.

Scott: Yessss. Let's find some animators and make a film. I'm glad you like Midsummers too, it's such a great play (it might be my favorite...)