Friday, October 14, 2011

jibjabliblab!

A while ago, at work, we had the opportunity to take a few days and explore something creative.
Everyone who works at jibjab is insanely talented, and it was really inspiring to see what everyone came up with.

I collaborated with Trish and we had a freaking blast.
The first day, she made a plushie, and I painted an illustration, and the second day, we swapped what we'd created. She made a plushie of the monster I painted, and I painted the monster she made.

This is Geoffrey, Trish's plushie. He's the world's best dad, and he likes red.




This is my monster, Spots, he likes the color purple and school.



Nate, one of my newer coworkers, and an all-around COOL DUDE, made a maquette of my painting "folk insomnia", which you can see over at the jibjab blog:  Here!

Justin, who paints like it's going out of style, did some totally cool bigfoot paintings at his blog

Jeff made a music video, cos he likes music and he even likes videos, and it's pretty grand, on the youtubes.

There's more at the JibJab blog, including an awesome model of Carthage. I love you, JibJab.

5 comments:

Noam Sussman said...

awesome! nice paintings :)

kathryn durst said...

OMFG I LOVE THESE. especailly the monster plushies. if that guy is the worlds best dad i would like to have children with him.

so wicked

Ashlyn said...

aww thanks! kathryn, you would LOVE the plushies Trish makes, they are freaking cute. when you're out here next we have to have a craft party

Aminder Dhaliwal said...

WANT.

love the plushies and paintings!

Johnny Koester said...

i like spots, he makes me happy.