Saturday, June 02, 2012

My very first book!

My book that I wrote/co-illustrated for JibJab Jr came out recently! Hopefully over the coming weeks I can post some concept art and process work from it. It's been a long journey (I went back through my files and realised that the first ideas for it came about sometime in October!), and I'm so glad it's out in the world. 
It's a book about pirates, mermaids, and a whole whack of undersea creatures. I wanted to write a story about a spunky little girl who wants to help in any way she can, and hopefully I succeeded, even a little bit. I can't wait to write more :)

http://blog.jibjabjr.com/2012/06/01/set-sail-with-pirates-and-mermaids/

(PS, it's quite fun if you put a handsome man's photo in place of your face... I'm partial to watching George Clooney outsmart the pirates... so handsome)

3 comments:

Agnes Salek said...

the first one in many to come, i'm sure! Congrats!

Juan Bauty said...

looks great, congrats!

kathryn durst said...

LOL died at the george clooney comment.